Why Take the AARP Driver Safety Online Course?
The AARP Driver Safety course is the nation’s first and largest refresher course for drivers age 50 and older. It has given millions of drivers the skills and tools they need to drive today’s roads safely, so they can stay independent for many years to come. In fact, 97% of those who take it change at least one driving behavior. And the best part? There are no tests! - Just useful information to stay safe on the road.
The course is designed to help you:
- Update driving skills and your knowledge of the rules - and hazards - of the road.
- Learn about normal age-related physical changes and how to adjust your driving to compensate.
- Reduce your chances for traffic violations, accidents and chances for injuries.
- Get an insurance discount. Auto insurance companies in most states provide a multi-year discount to AARP graduates! (Some states may have restrictions on accepting online driver improvement course for insurance discounts; please consult your insurance agent for specifics in your state.)
Highlights of the course:
The AARP Driver Safety course is packed with useful information that you can use immediately, including:
- How to maintain a proper following distance
- The safest way to change lanes and make turns at intersections
- The effects of medications on driving
- Reducing driver distractions such as eating, smoking and cell phone use
Sign up now! Register here »